Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fashion Defined

Hi Fashionistas ,

I am starting Fashion Relations for a Public Relations class I am taking this semester. I hope you enjoy the connections I find between Earl Babbie's The Basics of Social Research and the Fashion Public Relations world. 

After reading this weeks chapters, I thought it might be interesting to give a couple fashion operational definitions. An operational definition is the "concrete and specific definition of something in terms of the operations by which observations are to be categorized" (Earl Babbie). 

Fashion: expressing oneself by utilizing apparel, accessories, and hair to help project an image of oneself to the world. 

Fashion Publicist: One who handles all operations regarding exposure for the the brand image of the company. 

Since I'm going to be writing a research paper on something fashion related to public relations, I thought Fashion and Fashion Publicist would be good to define first. What definitions would you define? 

No comments:

Post a Comment